Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday 21, November

I was all packed and ready to go when Mary said "The connection to the battery box on the bathroom scales has broken.  Please fix it."

Out came the soldering iron, flux, solder, clamp, tweezers etc. It was quite a quick job but the other connection broke when I went to pit the battery box back. Had to hear up the soldering iron again and do it over.

Happy in the knowledge that the bathroom scales will work when we return in January and with a seven week haircut, which some said was closer to a scalping, we set out to find a 97 bus to the airport. For once it was possible to get on and even find a seat.

This would have been a good bus to go OC zip lining. Hang on to a strap and take your feet off the floor when the operator hits the gas - you will fly towards the rear. When the operator stands on the brake you will fly back to where you started. I've seen three people in a row do this on a crowded bus.

Check in was quick but the lady in security was not amused when I offered to take off my pants when she asked to see the contents of my secret pocket. I refrained from saying "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Dash 8 puddle jumper to Montreal.

Several years ago I took off from Ottawa playing the overture from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro on my portable CD player. They won't let you do that now but I can still play Mozart's wonderful music in my head. We took off in a nearly empty plane to the strains of the Marriage of Figaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment